Friday, July 29, 2011

Whole Roasted Chicken

 My family was at the grocery store searching for ideas for dinner.  The weekly special was half off whole fryer chickens.  I couldn't pass that up so I picked up a couple.  Tonight, a chicken will be roasted alive!  Well maybe not alive...but it'll be whole!  OK here.

Whole Roasted Chicken
1 fryer chicken
House Seasoning
McCormick Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning

  • Sprinkle generous amount of House Seasoning all over the outside of the chicken and inside the cavity.  Rub it on the chicken well.  Coat chicken with the McCormick seasoning.  Cover chicken and let sit in refrigerator for several hours.
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Place chicken in baking dish or roasting rack.  Cook in preheated oven for about an hour.  Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees.  Let rest for several minutes. 
  • Carve the chicken and serve.
This chicken was tasty and juicy.  I like my chickens with a bit more spice, but the wife was home.  I think we know how that goes by now.  We had Potatoes au Gratin as a side dish.  Perfectly paired.  We had a good bit of leftovers, so they will make for great sandwiches over the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. This looked yummy Jim and like you, I pretty much like cooking myself as well. I also have a Food Blog but it's not about cooking. It's about my food hoppings across restaurants and my review of those places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw. It looks very nice. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete