Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bow-Tie Pasta with Ham & Peas - Baby Friendly

Since starting this blog and actually seeing what I've been cooking each day, I've decided to make healthier dishes because, well, bacon with every meal is NOT a good thing. When I do make one of these meals, they will be from the book First Meals (New Expanded Edition) (Hardcover) by Annabel Karmel. This way I can feed my baby girl great and healthy meals without feeling guilty. When she was a little baby, we used recipes from Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby by Annabel Karmel as well. I credit the purees from this book for helping my little girl develop good eating habits at a very young age. She loves broccoli! I hope you can enjoy these as well!


This recipe is really just a variation of Mac and Cheese with some added protein. 

Bow-tie Pasta with Ham & Peas
1/2 lb faralle pasta
1 vegetable stock cube

Sauce
3 tbls butter
4 tbls flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 oz sliced cooked ham, cut into strips
salt and black pepper

  • Cook the pasta in boiling, lightly salted water according to instructions on the package.
  • Meanwhile, make the sauce.  Melt the butter in a small pan, stir in the flour to make a paste, and gradually whish in the milk and mustard.  Stir in the peas and cook for 3 minutes.
  • Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.  Add the ham, heat through, season, and toss with the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment