Saturday, July 23, 2011

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Yeah that's right.  I did it.  I finally made Spinach and Artichoke Dip.  This is an essential dish for game day.  When you think of the game being on, you think, "When is the Spinach and Artichoke Dip gonna be ready?"  If I'm not smelling the dip when the puck is dropped at the start of the second period, I'm going to be asking questions.  A little over two months until HOCKEY starts back, people!  Get ready!  Oh and this dip also goes well with your Alabama Crimson Tide!  ROLL TIDE!!  NCAA Alabama Crimson Tide Wood Sign I would say that it also goes well with Awbarn, but apparently I didn't pay them to mention their name in this blog.  I  can tell you, though, that this dip will leave a better taste in your mouth than a revoked Heisman and championship.  But I digress...recipe follows:

1 8oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Romano cheese
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, chopped garlic, dried basil, garlic salt, and half of the mozzarella cheese.  Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts.
Put mixture into greased baking dish.  Top with remainder of mozzarella cheese.  Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes until browned on top.  Serve with chips or toasted bread.  Enjoy!!!

I took this recipe from here.  I changed the mayonaisse to sour cream and added a little bit more mozzarella than the original recipe.  I really wanted to add incendiaries to make it a spicy dip but I didn't.  You're welcome, Wifey.  I thawed the spinach under running cold water, because I'm a Food Safety Certified Manager.  To properly remove the water I wrapped the thawed spinach in 3 paper towels and squeezed all the water out of it.  It took some effort but you don't want all that water to be mixed with everything.  Years ago I tried to make this, but I didn't put forth the effort to properly dry the spinach and the result was not good.  I hope you enjoy this, because I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment