Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eating Challenges and City Tours

Eating Challenges and City Tours

Guest post written by Sidney Owens

When you read the description of Man V. Food it sounds too bizarre to be a show that could be fun to watch yet somehow it is a show that I look forward to every week. Adam Richman is the host and each episode is part travelogue and part eating challenge. He is an enthusiastic guide as he visits both famous restaurants and highly recommended destinations. It is hard not to get caught up in his descriptions of the delicious dishes he is sampling and I have to fight the urge sometimes to run out and stuff my face at a similar establishment in my own city. I get this show on The Travel Channel on my satellite service from HD direct tv service so the guides to each cities food is a key element.

The show the always closes with a visit to a restaurant that has a standing eating challenge. In past episodes Adam has attempted to eat giant burgers, burritos and steaks. In other restaurants it could be consuming fiery hot chicken wings or a race to eat raw oysters in an allotted amount of time. Like I said earlier it may sound strange to love this show but he is infectious and funny as he struggles to meet the weekly challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment