Beef Stir Fry with Rice
12 oz beef strips
1 tsp garlic salt
1 package frozen vegetable stir fry mix
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tsp dried minced onion
2 tbls wok oil(vegetable oil will work too)
1 tbls soy sauce
2 tbls water
1 tbls corn starch
1 cup rice
2 cups cold water
- Add rice and 2 cups cold water into medium saucepan. Heat until starting to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Season beef strips with garlic salt.
- Mix together the cornstarch, water, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add half of the wok oil(or vegetable oil). Add beef and cook until browned. This will not take long. Remove beef from wok.
- Add the other half of oil to wok. Add the vegetable mix and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add beef to vegetables.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until hot and thick.
- Serve over rice.