Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beef Stir Fry with Rice

Since having moved, I hadn't used my wok in the new place.  I bought the wok for about five dollars at a thrift store.  I had to put a little bit of tender, loving care into getting it back into a good condition to use without worrying.  It has paid off greatly!  I had a dream that I was using it the night before and that just got me going.  I went to the local grocery store and found some beef that was already cut into strips for a cheap price. 

Beef Stir Fry with Rice
12 oz beef strips
1 tsp garlic salt
1 package frozen vegetable stir fry mix
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tsp dried minced onion
2 tbls wok oil(vegetable oil will work too)
1 tbls soy sauce
2 tbls water
1 tbls corn starch
1 cup rice
2 cups cold water

  • Add rice and 2 cups cold water into medium saucepan.  Heat until starting to boil.  Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
  • Season beef strips with garlic salt.
  • Mix together the cornstarch, water, and soy sauce.  Set aside.
  • Heat wok over high heat.  Add half of the wok oil(or vegetable oil).  Add beef and cook until browned.  This will not take long.  Remove beef from wok.
  • Add the other half of oil to wok.  Add the vegetable mix and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.  Add beef to vegetables.
  • Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until hot and thick.
  • Serve over rice.
The best thing about stir fry is that it is quick to cook.  The possibilities are pretty much endless.  When I originally planned to make some stir fry, I thought I had some other sauces.  Turns out they didn't survive the move.  Oh well this turned out pretty well.  There were no leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. My cousin is always cooking this when I'm visiting to his home and I would like to learn how to cook it, so that I can serve this for my family. This blog will surely help me to cook this easy stir fry

    ReplyDelete